Community

For this week’s blog, I searched a popular account similar to that of my clients. Here is what I observed about its community! The account I chose to profile was a new hairstylist account that has had very successful growth. After analyzing the account, I think the strong community this brand has, is from the genuine personality the owner has given out. The posts made are not all focused just on hair or makeup, it also has styling ideas, and even encouraging pictures that promote positivity. The posts are frequent, and up to date with what she is doing inside her brand. I noticed that there are a lot of interactive posts that involve the community to comment, repost, or promote, which has helped grow the community and keep the current community interested. I think that although her community is strong, I do find some things she should work on. The first would be to respond to the comments that are left on her posts. I noticed there were people asking questions and it comes off that the account owner was ignoring them. Another method that could help grow the community would be to do more styling tutorials. A lot of her current following were asking for “how to” videos, and I was only able to find one that the owner had made. This account is very similar to my clients, and I am excited to use some of the tactics I have found towards growing my client’s community. I think adding more than just hair post on my client’s media would be a useful method for encouraging the community, and promoting good vibes. I also think people enjoy following accounts that have a happy feel to it. Another growing tactic I hope to use is interactive media posts. Things like giveaways, contests, and pictures that can be reposted are a fun way to not only grow a social media community but also keep the current following active.