My Media Brand

As I grow my knowledge in social media marketing I think its important to view my personal accounts and understand the brand I am creating for myself. When I typed my full name into Google I found nothing actually related to my online accounts. I realized that for the majority of my life I went by the name “Addie,”  which made it more difficult to find myself. After a more thorough search I was able to find a link that sent me right to my Facebook account. Because I don’t have any private settings set up it was pretty easy to see the basic information about me: my age, birthday, where I work, where I live, and where I am attending school. However, I did struggle trying to find my Instagram off of a Google search because I have a different form of my name on that account. Also since I haven’t been active on twitter in about four years I couldn’t find that account at all. Because I prefer to use Instagram more, Twitter was never something I invested my time in. 

Because I am so into creating interesting social media posts, I am hoping to make my “brand” easier to find. I think a way to start this is by changing my usernames to the same thing. I also think it would be beneficial if I promoted similar content for each of my media sites. I hope this class will help me learn how to curate interesting feed that targets my audience. I hope this shows were my passions are, and what I am hoping to achieve. 

1 Comment on My Media Brand

1. Prof B
    September 10, 2018 at 11:57 pm (6 years ago)

Good review of your online presence, Addison. Remember to include a screenshot of your Google search results and social media profiles. These will serve as “before” images for your final project at the end of the semester. 🙂

Reply