Reflection 5

I would say that in general, any projects, internships or volunteer work that has a good amount of leadership opportunity attached to them. In our field of marketing I would think that an internship that allows you to get your hands and experience with different areas of the marketing department will be very beneficial. It will give you a better idea of what kind of job you will like to have with your marketing degree.

I have done some projects with my business fraternity during my time at KU that helped me learn how to work in a team and also how to plan and host events. I helped with different recruitment events and activities as well as workshops. I do wish I had been more involved with different competitions that the business school offered. Some were related to sales and some with leadership.

I think that the more certifications related to leadership and many of the marketing tools (marketing programs) you get the more confident you will become. So I would focus on those, to grow as a leader and learn how to use the different marketing tools. I think that I will spend that hour between learning more about leadership and how to use excel and other technical marketing programs.

Mark Cuban is someone I would like to interview because of this previous role as a CEO of Sprint, a local Kansas corporation. I would probably focus more on his development as a leader and also to understand what a day to day looks like for a CEO of a very large company.

Another person that I think would be interesting to interview would Warren Buffett. I think his level of experience is hard to match. He lived and work through so many economical, governmental, and cultural changes that I think he will have a lot of interesting to share with a youngster like me. I am also very interesting in investing so I would love to ask him many questions about that too.