Hello JCCC Vistors

Welcome to my ePortfolio at Johnson County Community College Sites.

If you have any feedback please feel free to post your comments. I have included all my student evaluations at JCCC including the comments. I also included the original PDF files. I will keep updating the evaluations each semester. I have just posted Fall 18 feedback and noticed a lot of comments about the ethical hacking course labs. I will be looking for new labs/textbook for Fall 19. I used NISGCT Ethical Hacking lab series developed by Moraine Valley CC in 2015 and implemented in NDG Netlab+. However, new hacking methods are developed and some of the Labs are considered outdated. NDG developed Ethical hacking lab series but they are too brief. I have used two different textbooks written to address the EC-Council CEHv9 exam but I was not happy with either textbook. The review questions at the end of each chapter are poor and some answers are not correct. I even enrolled in an Ethical Hacking Course at another community college to see the labs/textbook they are using. I will start teaching the cybersecurity course (CompTIA Security+) in the fall of 2019. I found the course overlap with the ethical hacking course and can replace the ethical hacking course in the future. I will use the Security+ NDG lab which I found comprehensive.

6 thoughts on “Hello JCCC Vistors

1. The Networking Fundamentals course was challenging for me, however, Mr. Akram explained everything well and gave me access to a tutor that helped me greatly.

2. i really thankful for have you in this semester on my two classes and i learnt a lot in both class thanks for the material you created and brought to our class.

3. Thank you very much Professor Al-Rawi. I can truly say that I have learned a lot in your class. This is valuable course and allowed me to get a good grasp of how IT networking can be applied in the field. Professor Al-Rawi was always very responsive, which I find helpful in class and online class.
    The way you provided above and beyond supplementary materials made things clearer and easier to understand. Also doing labs in the class help a lot to understand the concepts better and use of the command and where to implement the commands.
    Thanks for your dedication to teach.
    Your student, A

4. The Dr. was very thorough and I would highly suggest taking any of his classes. He provided real time troubleshooting to give students a starting point and walked us through processes that I would have thrown my hands up if I had to teach myself. 10/10