Personal Brand reflection

Joshua Cosgrove
Personal Brand reflection

As The semester began my number one goal and still is is to grow my instagram following. This class opened my eyes and helped me realize I needed to focus on other platforms as well such as Facebook and Snapchat. In the beginning of the semester my content consisted of only speaking of myself and what i was doing. This semester helped me realize if i want to grow a following i must provide a message and value to my followers. I took me a little while to figure out my message but once i got it it was perfect. My message is now self-improvement with a major in fitness. But this message is nothing without taking action. So what i did was began to engage more with people who have similar interests as me by commenting and liking their pictures. I also began to take higher quality photos that look very professional and of course started posting once a day. I also provided value by showing things i’m doing and how they can help other people. Also i showed people more than just my ups but also my downs so people can better relate to me. As i began doing all this my following slowly began to grow by about a couple followers a day. My likes to follower ratio was great and i began to engage more with people in my comments and over direct message. My instagram has so far grown from about 150 followers to now nearing 400 followers. I have gradually added more friends to my facebook ( about 50) and my snapchat following has also increased by about 50-60 people. Moving forward i plan to continue with my instagram strategy and brainstorm more higher quality content . I also plan to add more emphasis on my facebook posting to help grow engagement there. The biggest thing i’ve learned is that nothing will happen over night and that i must be very consistent and persistent if i want to see results.