Establishing Social Media Platforms for Client Project

This has been a difficult first week with my client project. I had made the choice to work with my son to help promote his music. It has proven to be a difficult task.

With weather and conflict schedules, we have been having difficulty getting together this week. He has also been reluctant to “turn over” the reigns so to speak, regarding the changes needed.

However, I was able to complete much of the project.

After assessing his current presence, I was able to guide him through some needed changes, as well as give suggestions on where we go in the future.

I started by assessing his current platforms and performing a google search. It turns out “Tyler Allen Music” is a popular name. I did find his website listed 4th on the list, but no links to other social media pages. Part of this could be related to using different “brand” names across different platforms. (See screenshot below)

I suggested to Tyler that he change all media accounts to one similar name that can easily be recognized. He will research to see if a uniform name is available and make those changes if available. I also suggested he apply uniform pictures, logos, and biographies. He had a very nice biography on his website that we agreed could be used and agreed on a logo as well.

He had established accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

On Twitter, he had a personal account. We changed that to a business account, added a uniform background logo, as well as an abridged copy of his biography. We also added links to his other social media accounts.

His Facebook account was a business page with a link to his website. We changed the photos to be uniform, added the abridged biography as well as links to other social media accounts.

We turned on profanity filters as well as tagging ability to help control his site. A future aim is to add a list of competitors, so we can gauge his future growth and interactions.

Tyler does not currently have a LinkedIn page, and although it was part of the assignment, he was unavailable to complete this part of the task. He is very reluctant to have a LinkedIn profile as he feels it is not relevant to him. I will continue to work to achieve this.

Tyler did not have an Instagram account, so we created one using the principals above. We added uniform photos, an abridged biography as well as links to other accounts and his website.

Tyler’s YouTube channel had playlists established as well as a link to his website. We made the same universal changes to photos and biographies as previously stated, along with linking other sites. There are only 2 videos and 1 photo but we will work to add more to the media gallery to fully populate it.

He will also work to add lists and like tabs. We will work to optimize his audience by working on improving the meta tags as well as incorporating keywords.

One of the engagement strategies that I thought would be very effective for him is to use a channel trailer on YouTube. In addition, I feel that following the insights on Instagram to develop a strategy to reach more users his age who follow music will be important to promote his brand.

Since Tyler’s “business” is music, I feel we could promote the release of his next single or video as a teaser on all platforms with a countdown to the release day to build anticipation and subscribers who will engage with his current music while waiting for the release.

I am hoping to build more trust and cooperation as we work together to improve his social media presence. Here’s to an exciting new adventure!

Google Search
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

One thought on “Establishing Social Media Platforms for Client Project”