Client Project

Client Project

I am very proud to present my client project!

I have never used Prezi before but wanted to challenge myself to create a visual presentation.

When viewing please feel free to use the toggle in the bottom right-hand corner to set on auto-play.

https://prezi.com/view/RoRwwg5LeyjFEn3RkAB8/

What I Discovered From Working On The Client Project

There are many important lessons I learned this semester working on the client project.

First and Foremost, social media is constantly changing.  If you want to be relevant in marketing in this area, you must stay on top of current trends, and be ready to evaluate and change your content strategy accordingly.  It is not for those who are inflexible.

Social media marketing takes time and commitment.  There are tools like Hootsuite that make it easier to manage the tasks involved, and I did use their services for my client for the past two weeks.

Reflection on Client Project

If you have been a reader of my blog, you know that my client has been very difficult to work with.  He was reluctant to make the advised changes or give me full access to his sites.

In the past two weeks, we were finally able to come to an agreement that allowed me to implement my content strategy.

Although there is not a semester-long history of data, the results from the past two weeks are very promising!

If these changes would have been put into place earlier, it would have given us an opportunity to make adjustments that would have yielded even better results.

Although my client project was not as successful as I had hoped, I am very pleased with the efforts I have made and the information I have acquired.

Advice For Future Projects

Some lessons are learned the hard way.  I had that experience this semester with my client project.  I did find, however, it provided me with some excellent knowledge regarding future projects.

Before taking on a project, it is best to discuss with your client what expectations you each have.  It is important to understand the client’s position in terms of your control of their content and channels, as well as how open they are to take feedback and to make changes.

I feel it is important to outline what responsibilities each of you will have moving forward.  I would recommend a contract to outline these areas to avoid potential conflict or miscommunications.

It is also important when completing the baseline audit that you are made fully aware of ALL the client’s social media accounts, including their personal ones, even if you will not be accessing them.

I missed opportunities to cross-promote my client’s business accounts with his well-established personal accounts because I was not aware they existed.

Open communication and a resolve to change are the most valuable takeaways I have discovered for working with a client.