Hootsuite

For this week in class, we were asked to set up our Hootsuite accounts that we may access all the cool resources Hootsuite has to offer. After browsing the site, I was surprised to find the vast amount of helpful information Hootsuite provides on how to succeed in a social-media driven world. Our first assignment, SCMD 121, was a series on videos on a few popular social media sites. Most of them, like Facebook and Tumblr, I already knew a lot about because I am a veteran of those sites. Although, personally I disagreed with some of the things the video had to say about Tumblr being user-friendly. The majority of people on Tumblr are very fed up with the ways Tumblr keeps changing and making it LESS user-friendly and more and more of a coding nightmare, but that was the only nitpick I have about the videos. What I did learn a lot about was the more adult sites such as LinkedIn and Foursquare. A lot of people think of social media as a very young-person only type of thing, but that is far from true. LinkedIn is helpful for working professionals and Foursquare is helpful for businesses and their customers. Through this course I discovered their really is a social media network for everyone out there. On an unrelated note, I really enjoyed the video player on Hootsuite. I thought it was very clean-looking and easy to use. That’s all for this week!

1 Comment on Hootsuite

1. Prof B
    February 22, 2016 at 2:30 am (8 years ago)

Abby, I agree about Tumblr – and we will actually be leaving this one out for our client project. 🙂

Reply