Reflection 7

The Marketing Fundamentals course included a ton of good information. It stood out to me that without the involvement of marketing, products and services have little value. Marketers and salespeople add value by knowing what kinds of products/services have the potential to solve customers problems. I also learned that since marketing can come with a lot of risk, it is important to have an organized marketing plan. The plan should include specific goals and objectives. To keep track of how your marketing strategy is doing, some of your goals should always quantifiable because numbers are measurable.

While browsing LinkedIn Learning, and “Effective Listening” course caught my eye. When I took Professional Sales last semester, it was stressed that listening is the key to turning a lead into a long term customer. I think I am an okay listener, but I catch myself getting ready for my turn to talk while listening. Becoming a better listener would help me notice what people need and improve my conversation skills. I think I should check out this course when I have some free time this week!

I relate to the town of Wabash because it reminds me of my hometown. Every time a new business opens in my hometown, people always get excited and show the business lots of love during its first few weeks. After the first weeks, business usually dies down a ton which sometimes leads to the business closing. There are few people in my hometown that have enough money to shop for leisure which is why business fades so quickly. Ellen’s Bridal shop interests me the most because I think people would be willing to travel to shop there. The store could create an Instagram account and feature happy soon-to-be brides.

One thought on “Reflection 7

1. You pulled a great insight from the Marketing Fundamentals videos — marketing and sales teams are what communicate the value of a product to a consumer.

I think you’ll especially appreciate these episodes about the Wabash businesses, given you’re from a small town.