Client Advertising

tumblr_inline_nx9o0pmP4t1s3qunm_500

My advertising strategy would consist of two social media networks, YouTube and Instagram. I think both of these appeal to the masses while being two completely different social media outlets. YouTube would be the best use of  advertising for my client because I believe that the key to selling products and the beauty industry is seeing the product in use first hand. As mentioned previously, my client ShopMasc already posts tutorials and product reviews monthly on their YouTube channel. This allows customers to learn about the product, what ingredients it consists of, the purpose of the product and what it does as well as how to use the product. I’m a very hands-on, visual person so for me seeing them demonstrate the product and seeing its color, consistency and how it’s applied really stands out to me. My strategy on YouTube would be to feature actual commercials of the products they’re promoting and possibly getting a celebrity/athlete endorsement deal for one or multiple products they sell. I think those are always a great way to sell a product and make something memorable when seeing your favorite celebrity endorsing and using a product.

Using Instagram I would take some of the successes my client has with their YouTube tutorial videos and use that on Instagram. I think posting a short video clip on Instagram and really using key words and phrases as hashtags can show off the product to so many more people than normal. Quick video clips with sounds always catch my eye on Instagram, regardless of what it is I always seem to stop, click and watch. They could post daily or weekly short clips featuring a different product and be interactive with their followers and market the product at the same time. I think this would be a great advertising strategy for my client ShopMasc and appeal to a much larger following than they already have.