Week two- slightly overwhelmed

Week 2 is proving to be a tad overwhelming. Working with someone else and their schedule is difficult, but we are working through it and I am excited for this assignment.

I learned a lot this week. I learned that you can censor things on your social media by typing in keywords. As a business owner I can see the advantage of this, as a customer, I think this unfair. I learned what you should use as your profile picture and “header”, luckily my client had a great profile picture of her logo so I didn’t need to suggest a change for that. I want to learn more behind the scenes things to do on social media, like how we learned about the advantages of setting up direct messaging and private lists to keep up with competitors.

I picked Elly May Moments- this is a photography business that specializes in taking photos of people fur babies! She currently has a Facebook, business website, and Instagram which are all very active. I think a Twitter account for sure would be good for her, possibly a LinkedIn but I am not sure. We are meeting to talk on Monday and I will find out what she thinks!

I am working on her bio, making her first 140 characters count as we have learned. I am also adding her other social media links to the other ones as we learned we should include. She also didn’t have her direct messages set up which I did to help her better communicate with people. We are currently discussing a branding hashtag.

One thought on “Week two- slightly overwhelmed

1. Great start on the improvements to your client’s social media profiles/pages, Samantha! Thanks for pushing through the “heavy” week of setting up and optimizing client profiles/pages. 🙂