Week 14 Semester Reflections

Week 14-Semester Reflections

Lessons Learned

I can’t believe the semester is almost over!  It seems like yesterday I began this journey into social media marketing!  As I look back on the semester, there are many lessons that I have learned.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned was the importance of an outline of responsibilities, or a contract, with your client.

As I have posted about before, my client was not very cooperative in allowing me to implement changes to his accounts.  He came with the perspective that he wanted it all at once and to launch a huge campaign instead of building piece by piece.

In the future, if I were to undertake such a task again, I would draw up a contract regarding what responsibilities each of us has toward the project with an agreement on how it will be managed.

Although I have not been able to implement many of the changes I suggested, I have been able to construct mock campaigns and ads that I feel would be quite successful if not met with opposition.

This has been great practice on ways to deal with difficult clients in the future.  I also feel that I have become educated regarding social media practices and would be successful in a future project.

Areas of Interest and Most Valuable Module

Out of all the skills learned this semester, I found myself drawn to ad design and campaign mock-ups.  I really enjoyed designing ads and being creative with ideas to engage my client’s audience.

In the Hootsuite lessons, I found the most valuable lesson was optimizing your social media profiles.

Becoming educated about how each different platform operates along with best practices for optimizing each of these, was an area I was unfamiliar with.

I have since learned how incredibly valuable this is for displaying a consistent image for your brand.  Additionally, knowing how each platform operates, what materials work best for each, along with fundamentals needed to manage any social media account is beneficial even for my own personal use.

Hootsuite and the Future

I can definitely see my client utilizing Hootsuite for his social media accounts.  I believe it would also be beneficial to me personally if I wanted to become heavily active on social media.

The ability to schedule posts in advance at designated times is invaluable.  I also think the shortened owly links are great.

Because I was behind on implementing changes to my client’s accounts, and Hootsuite offered a free 30-day upgrade, I did choose to take advantage of this option.

I scheduled posts for my client for last week and this upcoming week.  This is a picture of my calendar on the dashboard:

Hootsuite Dashboard

Certification:

I was very excited to take my certification exam, however, I ran into an issue regarding payment for taking the exam.  I am waiting for Professor B. to reply to my email.  Therefore, my certification is not listed in this publishing.    I will upload my image as soon as I am able to get the issue resolved!