Reflection

• Lobby day was a learning experience for me, not only with learning about the Dental Therapist position, but also in the way that the government works. I never had a strong background in government. Seeing the Capital Building, speaking to members of The House of Representatives, Senators, and seeing where the bills are voted on was a wonderful learning experience. I also enjoyed being surrounded by several Dental Hygienist and Dental Hygiene Students. Lobby Day taught me ways I may be able to further my education in the field in the future, the involvement of the Dental Hygiene Community, and the involvement of the Dental Hygiene Students.
  • The Service Learning Project was one of my favorites. Spending time at a place with troubled children was a very eye opening experience. It really brought perspective to my life. Not all children are blessed into good situations, resulting in various behavioral issues. I think this is important because I will be working with families and I need to be able to recognize when a child is in harm or a family is dealing with situations no one can face on their own. Volunteering at Kids TLC gave me inside to a great company that many families could benefit from. I will use this as a resource when I face families in need of help.
  • The Code of Ethics project taught me some of the situations I may come across through my career. It also taught me where I can refer to for advice for decision making when I face an ethical dilemma. I believe this information will be of great use when I begin my career.