Reflection #6

Virtual Internship notes

Part 1 – Share a summary of what the webinar was about and who was interviewed. What insights or ideas did you learn? What jobs/careers are you curious about now after hearing Marnie speak? What were her recommendations?

Marnie Nathanson was interviewed and she is the CEO of a company called The Social Status CO. A 360 degree agency based in NJ. Her background is in television marketing.

I learned that it is important to do research about the company and people you are interested in interning/working for so that you know exactly what it is you want to learn from them. Knowing about the person you’re speaking to helps ease the conversation along and shows that you care about the job as well. Marnie has inspired me a lot with what she does and how levelheaded she is when it comes to knowing different apps and programs as well. I think she has definitely inspired me to work for a company that is similar to hers or even her company as well.

Danny asked Marnie questions about her website after doing research about her so he could pose questions that would be of importance to us. He asked questions about some of her events and what role her company plays in creating and hosting these events.

I observed that Danny gives us more information by doing his own research before having a guest on his zooms so that his audience can gain the absolute most helpful information about his guest and optimizes the most information and experience for his audience as well.

Part 3 – Who would you like to do your Informational Interview with this semester? Start drafting up 5 – 10 questions you would ask them.

If I had to choose someone to do a virtual interview with, I would honestly choose Marnie because she is in the exact field that I want to go into in the future and the way she describes her goals and how much she has accomplished inspires me completely.

My 5 questions would be:

• How did you build your company and team of employees off of a basic level of trust?
  • What other apps and programs have helped you succeed in your industry?
  • Do you solely use one social media platform or have you had successes in others?
  • Do you run your own instagram business or just other peoples?
  • Do you have any side businesses, or blogs as well?

One thought on “Reflection #6

1. Sounds like you gleaned some helpful tips from Marnie and Danny.

For your questions, you would want to be sure you couldn’t answer the questions yourself through research (i.e. you could look on each social media platform to see if she uses more than Instagram AND you could look at her portfolio to see what her services include.)

It’s best not to ask yes/no questions and instead change it to a “what” question.