Reflection #12

What insights did you glean from the webinar you attended/watched? How will/can you apply these new insights/knowledge?

I watched the 2020 Marketing Trends Nonprofits need to know webinar and I learned quite a few marketing trends that are beneficial in and out of nonprofits. Firstly, she talked about the importance of videos and how they add a personal aspect to your nonprofit. If you have a video explaining your purpose behind what you’re doing, that is authentic and shows your character, and is more compelling for the viewers to want to donate to your cause. Videos also help you build connections with your viewers and help establish a relationship with possible donors online. Another important marketing trend is the facebook donation option. Adding your nonprofit as one that can be donated to for someone’s birthday can be a huge asset to your project. Since facebook is so commonly used, it is so easy for someone to share your nonprofit for their birthday and suddenly, you have hundreds of dollars in donations. That is something I never thought twice about before this webinar!

Part 2:

1. Name of Project/Cause/Nonprofit

Mental health ministries

2. Short blurb:

Mental Health Ministries helps you understand your own emotions and makes you feel a little less alone.

3. The Rewards

Mental Health Ministries

Your donations do more than you know.

You’ll get one free therapy session that you can either use or give to someone else, a customized T-Shirt to help promote ending the stigma of mental illness, a matching mug and a sticker pack!

4. Project Description

1 in 4 people have some sort of mental illness, diagnosed or not.

I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety in August of 2014. I was 13 years old, and at the time, nobody truly knew anything about mental illness and how it could effect someone mentally. I was one of the first children in my school district to be diagnosed with a form of mental illness at such a young age, and it was not an easy road for me. It was rare for someone to truly understand what I was going through because mental health was not talked about, and it was shameful to struggle with mental illness. I’ve been in therapy since I was diagnosed 8 years ago, I’ve been on dozens of medications and have done inpatient studies on mental illness. The answer is simple: talk about it. Make access to mental healthcare accessible.

I’ve seen hundreds of people around me fight silent battles they would never talk about, and I’ve faced tremendous losses to suicide. It ends now, and mental illness WILL be talked about, whether it makes others uncomfortable or not.

After losing friends and family to mental illness, I vowed to be apart of the movement and speak up about mental illness and suicide prevention. That is why I have started this nonprofit, Mental Health Ministries, that offers free therapy to anyone and gives access to affordable medications as well as community support. We need $20,000 to start this project, to be able to pay our therapists and create our merchandising for all of you.  A huge part of this project is offering support to those who are surrounded by people who just don’t get it. If I had this 8 years ago, my life would be so different.

The stigmatization around mental illness can be stopped, but I need your help.

Watch our informational video explaining our next few steps below.

Thank you for your time and for contributing to the destigmatization of mental illness.

5. Risks and Rewards

Right now, we have 6 volunteer therapists who are working with us for free. We are hoping to be able to pay them for their services and have more therapists on staff as well. One of our volunteers is making our amazing merchandise for free as well, as she runs a small business of making mugs, sticker packs and t-shirts. We want to be able to pay for her supplies and give her funding for the time and energy she has put into this project.

Without proper funding, our therapists will be overworked on top of their full-time jobs and resources for merchandise will run out shortly. We want to give everyone apart of our project the proper funding and experiences. With the money we earn, we will be able to offer free therapy to thousands of people, with your help.

6. About You

Mental Health Ministries is a team combined of mental health activists and experts who are dedicated to supporting those who don’t have access to mental health services and assisting them at a low cost.

Thanks to our team of therapists and psychiatrists, we have been able to give over 50 people the last 3 months free therapy and medication at a lower cost without insurance. We have been dedicated to finding the proper resources to help our community with specific mental health crises, which is why we have therapists who specialize in helping every type of mental illness. We have already been recognized by the Mayor, who was unable to offer us funding but did offer us support.

We know that we can be apart of the change, which is why we want you to be, too. To learn more about our organization, click on our website below!