Strategy

So this week we are discussing strategies for our businesses, and one thing that I thought about that I missed was actually posting on all of my social media platforms.  I made a new item this week, became all excited about it and only posted it on Facebook because that is all I had in the past.  Then I get on to do this assignment and realize that I didn’t post on Instagram or Twitter!!

So part of my social media strategy would be to make sure that you are posting across all media.  My second strategy that I got from one of the articles is use hashtags, the article said 9 hashtags get the most engagement (that’s a lot of hashtags!), another thing that the article said was make your pictures interesting.  My daughter tells me this all of the time when I post something that I have created because I just post it and don’t think about the picture and what I want it to look like, this week when I posted the new item she actually told me to use a specific background and if I wasn’t comfortable with taking the picture, she would take it for me LOL.  I would also need to remember to come up with catchy phrases or interesting tag lines to get peoples attention.  The other thing would be post when people are looking through social media, mid day during the work week probably won’t get my posts seen.

As for analytics  I think that followers is the easiest way to gauge if your brand is growing.  With Facebook I tend to look more at engagement rather than followers, however I am up to 105 followers which is awesome. Twitter and Instagram I think that I would look more at followers, knowing that I started these from scratch for this class I can’t expect the followers to be as large however I do have 5 followers on Instagram and 2 on Twitter.  I think that one way maybe to get more followers across the other platforms would be to post on Facebook that I have the other social media accounts, letting people know where they can go to follow me.

I think that these tracking goals and this strategy would honestly work for any demographic that someone is working with, it is just putting it into effect and staying on top of it.