Reflection #10

1. LinkedIn Learning (Sales Fundamentals + Preparing for a Career in Sales): What similarities did you notice between Sales Fundamentals and Marketing Fundamentals (Week 7)? Which part of the sales cycle are sales professionals typically the weakest? Based on the wisdom shared in “Preparing for a Career in Sales,” what specific tips/areas do you think will be most important for you to remember/work on personally?

I noticed that a big similarity between Sales Fundamentals and Marketing fundamentals is how we as a salesperson approach sales. Marketing is about changing someone’s belief, but first we must change our own. It also discusses how we as salespeople have to be credible and trustworthy in order to obtain sales. The part of the sales cycle that is typically the weakest is asking for the purchase. After gaining trust of the customer, it can be difficult to move into the final sale of asking for the buy. Personally, I think that something I definitely need to work on and will take with me is being authentic, and not conforming to the people around me. It’s hard for me to be myself at work for fear of being judged, or being criticized. I also think that I could work on developing a better self confidence. Whenever good things happen to me, I never let myself be proud or excited, rather I think that I don’t deserve them, and this negative mindset won’t get me far in the business world.

2. Sandler Training: Which training/webinar topic did you watch? Why does what you learn, matter? How will it help you in your career?

I watched the Power of Mindfulness webinar. This is so important because mindfulness with having a business gives you the opportunity to enjoy what you do and to keep your stress levels low. In order to achieve mindfulness in your business, it’s important to do personal development and to continue to take care of yourself through different ways such as meditation, that help with lowering stress, creating more creativity, and giving you the opportunity to grow more in your career and to grow more as a person. This will help me in my career by giving me the opportunity to not only take time for myself and to grow on a personal level, but it will help me enjoy my job and appreciate it more instead of dreading it.

3. Restart 2021: What sessions/speakers did you attend? How could you apply/practice/test what you learned? What connection(s) did you make (networking)?

I attended the Essentials of Event planning session with Gianna Gaudini, who I was also able to connect with and talk to about event planning, as it interests me quite a bit since I like to do things virtually and it isn’t usually considered an event if it isn’t in person. She is a famous event planner who actually published a book on the importance of event planning. She discusses how in any event it is important to establish goals, and then to create an aesthetic around your main goals. I think that really set in for me because I didn’t consider the event planning side of marketing, though it could be an important and essential part to my future career.