My Personal Brand

For starters, when I tried to Google “Brigid Hough”, Google did not give me any results related to me. This makes sense because I actually go by Katie everywhere except the JCCC/Canvas platforms.

When I Google “Katie Hough Kansas City”, however, I did find my LinkedIn profile, but no Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other profiles. I also found a really awkward interview with Fox 4 after my house had been burgled back in January 2017, which I wish could be deleted from all existence.

I’ve always thought that it is a good thing that not much can be discovered about me through a simple search, but part of me wonders if I should try to make myself more accessible on the web so that potential employers can learn more about me and hopefully hire me after seeing how I conduct myself on social media.

My goals for this semester are to have that question answered, and learn more about what else I can do to ensure that my personal brand is the best that it can be.

One thought on “My Personal Brand

1. Yes, anymore it’s important to have your name/online brand be “discoverable” — as over 85% of HR professionals check out a candidate’s online image. Specifically, in marketing/sales/communications/PR roles, having an online presence adds value to you as a candidate and is almost expected.

The good news is we’ll be working on enhancing each profile this semester. 🙂