Establishing a Social Media Presence

When I Googled “Amazing Lawn and Landscape”, I did not find much related to this particular company.

Only related result was #10 on the first page. A listing for Porch.com for their Denver-based business. It doesn’t give sufficient information about the company and what services they offer. Additionally, there is no information found for the Kansas City-based business, which is where the company started.

My first step to address this lack of information was to create a simple yet interest-grabbing logo for the company:

From there, I created a profile/page for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube.

Facebook – created page, added necessary contact and service information, “about us”, profile and cover photos, posted finished job from one client, invited family of business owners to “like” the page.

Instagram – created profile, added profile picture, followed a few family members of owner and some other local business pages.

LinkedIn – created profile, uploaded profile and cover photos, included some services provided, “about us”, locations.

Twitter – created profile, uploaded profile and cover photos, “about us”, followed 30 different Tweeters both locally and nationally.

Youtube – created profile, uploaded profile and cover photos. 

I still have plenty of work to do in order to fully optimize these pages. A lot of these decisions will depend on what the owners want. One thing I learned that I look forward to implementing is building specialized lists on Twitter, especially a private list to follow competitors and see what how they engage with the community. Facebook’s “Pages to Watch” will also be a useful tool to use for the same reason.

One thought on “Establishing a Social Media Presence

1. Great start, Brigid! Nice work on the logo too (bonus for your client!).

Remember to include screenshots as you progress through the semester (or with any improvement/update you make).