How to post to specific social platforms

Posting to social networks depending on the content your sharing

Informational Blogging to create content

Below is a blog I wrote for my client Gutter Cover. As a business we like to share important tips to maintain your home in good condition. We like to share what to look for if your home is having problems with water. Most of the things we share right now on social media is informational to help inform customers on caring for their homes gutters.

http://bit.ly/homedownspouts 

If I was going to share this blog on social media platforms this is how I would word my postings:

Facebook- “Hate cleaning your gutters? This article will explain why its a bid deal! #important #guttercoverkc”

LinkedIn- “As a company is it important to us to educate. This new article explains why it is important to pay attention to your homes gutter system, specifically the downspouts. #guttercoverkc #companygoals #educate”

Twitter- “Check out our latest article on why you should care about your home’s downspouts. #important #saveyoumoney #guttercoverkc”

Instagram- “How are your downspouts functioning? Are you having water issues? The guttering system is one of the most important systems on a home. A properly functioning gutter system is designed to combat water damage to your house. Gutters collect the rain from the roof and direct it away from your house. It is very important to make sure all downspouts are not only clog free, but also directing water far enough from your homes foundation. Check out the below link to read more. #downspoutsmatter #guttercoverkc #localbusiness #importantinformation”

YouTube- I have already uploaded the video that is shared into this blog postings, that is how I got it to embed.

“This is an example of a pop up drainage emitter connected to an underground downspout drain. This helps extend downspouts drainage, to get water away from home.” Its a really sort video that shows an example of how the under ground drains from your homes downspouts work.

I am trying to link up to more videos in our blogs.  I think they help better illustrate how things work. Gutters can get a little technique and be hard to describe at times. Simple short videos give great demonstrations. I am also still determining what hashtags to use on what platform. We have a different market for each platform. Customers on Facebook, other local small businesses on Instagram, entrepreneurs on LinkedIn, and marketing people on Twitter.

5 thoughts on “How to post to specific social platforms

• March 29, 2018 at 1:55 am
    Permalink

I really like how you made each post unique in a way that makes sense for the platform it is on 🙂

Reply
  • March 29, 2018 at 4:27 pm
    Permalink

yeah i hate cleaning gutters! this was all really great information!

Reply
  • March 30, 2018 at 9:32 pm
    Permalink

Love the information given and the layout of your blog!

Reply
  • March 31, 2018 at 3:27 pm
    Permalink

Megan- This is fantastic!! I loved your blog and how easy it was to read. The hyperlinks made it really easy if I wanted to look for additional information on that topic. The video is also a great addition. The great thing about your topic is that someone from anywhere in the world could benefit from reading your article. I hope your blog gets lots of engagement!

Reply