Why does content marketing matter?

What is content marketing you ask?

Content marketing is the material or content such as videos, blogs, or photos you share towards your customers. It doesn’t have to be directly promoting your product, but more so targeted content toward your customers to interact with. It is material that a target audience will enjoy reading or seeing. It creates a brand that customers are familiar and trusting towards. It creates loyalty, increased in awareness, and cost savings on advertising.

Below are two examples of content marketing that I have researched about.

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/ – the journey ; This is a great example of content marketing.

WE ARE THE COCA-COLA COMPANY | #COCACOLARENEW
“We are Coca-Cola, and so much more. We’re an organic tea company. A coconut water company. A water company working to replenish every drop we use through our efforts, combined with charitable grants from The Coca-Cola Foundation, to support conservation and restoration projects across every corner of the country.”
COCA-COLA is more then just the soda that so many people identify them with. They also have many other products world-wide. In this video they are sharing about their caring with helping get clean water, and adding help with the environment. And providing jobs to people all around the world with purpose. 

Farmers Insurance – https://www.farmers.com/inner-circle/ – Farmers inner circle of information. Whether or not you choose Farmers for insurance these articles are great. They state,”We keep you in the know with the latest tips and insights on auto safety, home upkeep, and planning for those special life moments… plus give you exclusive access to hand picked perks!”

Below is a link to my social media calendar process beginning.

Social_Media_Content_Calendar_guttercover_2018-2d0erye

This is the calendar I have started for Gutter Cover Kansas City. It was hard to come up with a full calendar, since I was unsure on to what content is going to work best and for ideas to use. After speaking to the owner on a few ideas I had, we agreed to try a few things. One being a employee of the month to highlight our company culture and to appreciate our employees. Second being a poll to see what our customers want to see and going from there. Third being a contest give away. This will help highlight small local business and hopefully drive people to like, share, and tag the post to win a basket full of goodies.  Most of the months are similar in scheduling, due to waiting to see how the 1st month goes to go from there. I also added blog ideas we have came up with and article to link to and share of our important blogs. Most content will be made a few days, to a day, to hopefully a week ahead of time. Once I have a good stock of content and photos. Till then I don’t have much content to share with the calendar. Our work also depends on the weather, so its hard to schedule out if its a rainy day and we have installation photos going out. (when we wouldn’t be working)

I spent a lot of time looking around at calender’s and content organizers. I didn’t really find any that I really liked. I need one that can be checked off, and have reminders. Basically to set up like a real work calendar. That way the to dos will get done and ill have reminders of what I need to get for the next post. I plan on just creating this in outlook. That way each day ill have task to complete with social media managing and with my other job duties, so things don’t get pushed out. Also be able to tag people on certain events.

3 thoughts on “Why does content marketing matter?

• March 24, 2018 at 5:25 am
    Permalink

Remember to upload/link your content calendar! 🙂

Reply
    • March 25, 2018 at 4:24 pm
      Permalink

Got it thanks!!

Reply
      • April 10, 2018 at 11:22 pm
        Permalink

The attached link/document is your social media audit, not the editorial calendar. Just FYI.

Reply