January 29

My Online Presence

This is what happens when you Google Adrienne Wilson. None of these are me. I don’t come up as top 25 in LinkedIn. I hide myself from Google searches with Facebook and Pinterest, and I’m a private Instagram user.

This is what comes up when you Google Adrienne Wilson Kansas:

I’m in the White Pages, my LinkedIn page comes up, my twitter page comes up and the contact page from my job. The first and 4th images are of me. My twitter page doesn’t have anything personal, and here’s my public facebook profile:

I don’t make public very much info at all. I don’t share pictures of myself very often, and never my family. This is intentional, and I won’t change that. I am fine with information regarding my job being online, like my LinkedIn page that comes up when you Google Adrienne Wilson Kansas:

I think a goal for my personal online presence would be to flesh out my LinkedIn profile and get more contacts there. I currently have 154 connections, and I want to join some groups to see how those work. I know LinkedIn can be a great resource, but I don’t know much about it – yet!

Posted January 29, 2017 by awilso78 in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “My Online Presence

1. Professor B.

You got it… keyword being “yet”! LinkedIn will definitely be a social networking site we cover in this class. A little tidbit for you: when your LInkedIn profile is 100% complete (All Star status), your Google search results for LinkedIn will directly link to your profile instead of the LinkedIn search. 🙂

Reply