What Did I Learn

This week I learned quite a bit from the Hootsuite SCMD 121 workbook and videos. The video and exam were great tools in learning about some social media sites that I either don’t use or don’t know much about. Also, for the social media sites that I do use, such as Instagram, Facebook and Youtube, I was able to learnĀ a bit more about how you can use these for business and branding instead of just fun apps. It allowed me to want to explore more of the social media sites that I currently don’t use such as Pinterest and Tumblr. I actually have accounts on most of the social media sites, however I haven’t really used them and explored them before. I would like to learn more about Facebook because it’s something I have and use often but it seems to be constantly growing and changing, so every time I check out my facebook page or view posts from others, it seems new things have been added. Also, I would love to learn and use Pinterest because it’s something I know several people love and use daily but I have never even been on it before. Tumblr is another social media site that seems to be extremely popular among younger generation, such as highschoolers and I have viewed Tumblr sites but I have no idea what people do on it or what makes it so popular.