Reflection 12

Part 1: What insights did you glean from the webinar you attended/watched? How will/can you apply these new insights/knowledge?

I watched Marketing Trends NonProfits Need to Know and Embrace and I learned a lot in the first 10 minutes as she talked about how “Marketing is no longer an option for nonprofits looking to engage and grow their donor base.” Mobile giving is very important in todays technology advanced world, and to grow your donor base, is key to having a successful non-profit. And with the Millennial lifestyle, donating to charitable causes is on the rise, so making sure mobile giving is user friendly and is as responsive as possible makes for a better experience. On the same note of the advanced technology we have today, it is more of a normal thing to donate to charities where as the expectations to give were lower than now. Because of Covid, mobile first experience is now key for any nonprofits or businesses because most people use their phones to look up stuff. Taking time to make a nice, responsive webpage will ultimately lead you to more donations. Factors to make that possible include limiting the number of images as they distract the viewer from the point and images can actually slow down the responsiveness of your page. Make sure the page is easily navigable, by making sure buttons to press are visible, turn pop-up offs!!! I love pop ups on websites, but only on a computer as when they are viewed on a mobile device, they are hard to exit out of and sometimes keep popping back up- which leads the person to exit your page. I have been on several websites on my phone where there are so many pop ups that distract you and it gets frustrating to navigate, so you leave to site. I can use this for my own website, as a photographer, and be mindful of the mobile first experience as it is very important. Watching this is making me go make sure that my website is mobile friendly, as most people view it on their phone.

Part 2: Upload your worksheet to your blog reflection (or paste the content into your blog reflection/post).

Kickstarter Worksheet- Sleezer